Children Milk Powder, suitable for children from 36 months and above
NESTLÉ® is committed to science for children's lifelong health. With more than 150 years of expertise, NESTLÉ® has been relentlessly pioneering research and innovation in early childhood. NESTLÉ® NAN® PRO formula contains pHF-W# (Partially hydrolyzed 100% whey protein) helps to reduce cow's milk protein antigen load + HM-O and proper nutrition.
2'FL in the formula is structurally identical to those found in natural lactation secretion and immunity. Together with pHF-W that is treated with unique hydrolysis technology that precisely destroys the antigenic epitopes and to reduce the cow's milk protein allergen load1,2 and easy to digest3. The proper nutrition formula contains a multi-nutrient blend including DHA**, which helps support babies’ brain and vision development, and BL probiotic. The formula provides babies with proper nutrition and facilitate the development of a strong foundation for the health of the babies. With proper nutrition during early childhood, you can nourish your child’s every possible.
(Some of the below information is only available in Chinese.)
Most recommended IMF manufacturer for allergy prevention and HMO among healthcare professionals*
• The partially hydrolyzed whey protein is treated with unique hydrolysis technology precisely destroy the antigenic epitopes in cow's milk, to reduce the cow's milk protein allergen load.
“Human Milk Oligosaccharides◊ HM-O”
•With the combination of more than 150 years of research and development and innovation, Human Milk Oligosaccharides◊ HM-O is added in the formula which is close to mother’s natural protection. It is one of the most important achievements in infant nutrition research in the past century.
•"Human Milk Oligosaccharides ◊ HM-O” is the third largest solid component in mother's lactating secretion which only existed in mother's natural lactation secretion in the past. 4
Proper nutrition formula
• Proper nutrition formula contains DHA and AA**, which supports healthy brain development.
• Contains BL probiotic, a naturally active probiotic.
• Contains 100% whey protein, easy to digest.
• Imported from Germany, while fulfilling Hong Kong standard aspect to provide sufficient and recommended nutrients for babies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is NESTLÉ® NAN® PRO formula milk powder a formulation for allergy prevention?
NESTLÉ® NAN® PRO formula milk powder contains pHF-W#(partially hydrolyzed 100% whey protein), which is treated with unique hydrolysis that precisely destroys the antigenic epitopes and helps to reduce cow's milk protein antigen load. pHF-W# is clinically proven to reduce allergy risk, 1,2 and easy to digest3 With the inclusion of Human Milk Oligosaccharides^ HM-O, the formulation could help support babies immunity development4 , while acting as a preventive measure for allergies.
NESTLÉ® NAN® PRO formula milk powder contains a multi-nutrient blend including DHA**, which helps support babies’ brain and vision development, and BL probiotic to support gut health.
Is the NESTLÉ® NAN® PRO formula suitable for babies in general?
NESTLÉ® NAN® PRO formula milk powder contains pHF-W and Human Milk Oligosaccharides^ HM-O, such combination has the function of allergy prevention1,2 while supporting easy digestion 3 and healthy development of babies’ immunity4. It is suitable for babies’ routine consumption. NESTLÉ® NAN® PRO formula milk powder contains a multi-nutrient blend including DHA**, which helps support babies’ brain and vision development, and BL probiotic to support gut health.
Is NESTLÉ® NAN® PRO formula milk powder genetically modified?
The raw materials of NESTLÉ® NAN® PRO formula milk powder comply with the definition of non-genetically modification within the EU legislation.
My baby has switched to NESTLÉ® NAN® PRO formula milk powder after doctor’s referral, but he refuses to take it. I have tasted this milk powder and found that there was a slight bitter taste. Is there a problem?
NESTLÉ® NAN® PRO formula milk powder has pHF-W which is treated with unique hydrolysis technique, and it is common and is completely fine that hydrolyzed protein has a slight bitter taste.
In case your baby display any allergy symptoms, please consult your healthcare professionals first.
* Source: Ipsos HCP Claim Study, 2020 (Hong Kong) during Jun – Jul 2020, interviewing 134 healthcare professionals (doctor or nurses) with specialty in obstetrics/ gynecology/ pediatrics in Hong Kong. Margin of error ±8.47% at 95% confidence level.
** NESTLÉ® NAN® PRO KID 4 Children Milk Powder contains 4.5mg of DHA, 4.5mg of ARA, 597mg of linoleic acid and 71mg of alphalinolenic acid per 100ml of prepared formula.
# NESTLÉ® NAN® PRO formula milk powder contains the same 100% partially hydrolyzed whey protein as BEBA® HA formula in GINI study.
◊ 2’OFucosyllactose (a type of HMO, not sourced from breast milk), 26mg per 100ml of prepared formula.
1. von Berg, A., et al. (2016). Allergy, 71(2), 210-219.
2. von Berg, A., Koletzko, S., Grübl, A., et al. (2003). Journal of Allergy And Clinical Immunology, 111(3), 533-540.
3. Billeaud, C., et al. (1990). European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 44, 577-583.
4. Bode L.(2012). Glycobiology. 22(9), 1147-62.
5. EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, Nutrition and Allergies (NDA). (2005). EFSA Journal, 280,1-16.
6. Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2016/127. (2016). Official Journal of the European Union, L25/1-29.
Important Notice: Breastfeeding is best for babies. The World Health Organization (WHO) has recommended exclusive breast feeding for the first 6 months, along with the introduction of complementary foods as advised by healthcare professionals at around 6 months of age. Nestlé fully support mothers to continue breastfeeding up to 2 years or beyond. NESTLÉ® NAN® PRO KID 4 milk powder is not a breast milk substitute, and is growing-up milk powder especially suited to healthy young children from 3 years old onwards.