Nestlé® NANCARE® - DHA & Vitamin D and Drops
POWER-UP Your Breastfeeding Journey with the Upgraded Formula
With 155 years of scientific research experience and leadership in infant nutrition aspect, we proudly present to you the upgraded Nestlé® NANCARE® DHA & Vitamin D Drops that supports breastfeeding moms to give the best to their babies!
The upgraded formula contains Double Ds Nutri-Blend++, in addition to support baby's vitamin D intake, DHA content is increased to power-up your breastfeeding journey so that mom could help baby to fulfill 100% daily vitamin D and DHA needs with ease**.
Breastfed Babies Should Pay Attention to Vitamin D Absorption
Breastmilk provides the best nutrition for babies. Among the many nutrients, vitamin D is a fundamental nutrient in supporting babies’ bone growth and immunity1,2. Moms should pay attention to the vitamin D intake of their babies (especially breastfed babies), because:
- According to the Department of Health, babies do not get much vitamin D from breastmilk in particular when their mothers have low vitamin D levels1,5,6
- Studies have shown that breastmilk only meets about 5% of the daily vitamin D requirement of babies from 0-12 months on average7^^
- Study also shows that the risk of vitamin D deficiency in breastfed or mixed-fed babies is as high as 40 times8##
Babies Need 400 IU Vitamin D Daily
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends breastfeeding and mixed-feeding babies to be supplemented with 400 IU of vitamin D10 ■a day. NESTLÉ® NANCARE® DHA & Vitamin D Drops help fulfill 100% of baby's daily vitamin D needs.
DHA Content in Breastmilk Will Fluctuate Based On Mother’s Diet12 Babies Might Need Additional Supplement
Early development of babies is an important stage of brain and vision development. A daily intake of 100 mg of DHA13 for babies aged 0-2 supports the normal development of babies’ vision and brain3,4. The upgraded NESTLÉ® NANCARE® DHA & Vitamin D Drops contains DHA sourced from algae oil that helps to meet 100% of the baby's daily DHA needs#
Upgraded NESTLÉ® NANCARE® DHA & Vitamin D Drops help fulfill 100% of baby’s Vitamin D and DHA daily needs easily when compared to other similar products in market.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How to store Nestlé® NANCARE® properly?
A: Store at room temperature (max 25°) in a dry, cool place. Avoid exposure to heat sources, direct sunlight or contact with water.
Q: Which types of children are suitable to take Nestlé® NANCARE® DHA & Vitamin D Drops?
A: It is suitable for babies since birth, especially for babies who are exclusively breastfed, mix-fed or formula fed babies with Vitamin D deficiency. Should you have any enquiries on dosage instructions, please consult healthcare professionals.
Q: Where could I purchase Nestlé® NANCARE® DHA & Vitamin D Drops?
A: Please clearn more about the list of retailers with Nestlé® NANCARE® DHA & Vitamin D Drops listed: https://bit.ly/3LuZXL0
For more product information, please consult our nutritionist through our hotline 21798333 (HK) or 0800663 (Macau).#4 drops twice a day to fulfill Vitamin D and DHA daily intake requirement of babies aged 0-12 months. Vitamin D and DHA daily intake requirement are based on NIH and EFSA suggested DIR.
++Double Ds Nutri blend includes vitamin D and DHA. Vitamin D supports the healthy development of bones and teeth, and immunity; DHA helps the development of the brain and visual.
^^Based on 1 L of breastmilk, research result is based on Malaysian moms.
## Comparing to infant-formula-fed babies.
+ +Other nutrients composition of the food being compared to Nestlé® NANCARE® DHA & Vitamin D Drops are not included in this comparison.
■In order to avoid vitamin D deficiency, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends that from birth, infants or children who are exclusively breastfed and mix-fed should be supplemented with 400 IU of vitamin D per day until they can consume at least 1L of vitamin D-fortified infant milk formula or cow milk10.
- FHS (HK). (2020). Child Health- Parent information: vitamin D. Retrieved from https://www.fhs.gov.hk/english/health_info/child/30078.html (Accessed on 25 Jan 2020)
- EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, Nutrition and Allergies. (2014). EFSA Journal, 12(2), 3579.
- EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, Nutrition and Allergies. (2014). EFSA Journal, 12(10), 3840.
- EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, Nutrition and Allergies. (2009). EFSA Journal, 941, 1-14.
- Chan, K.C.C., et al. (2018). HK Med J, 24(Supp3), S32-35.
- Chang, S.W. & Lee, H.C. (2019). Pediatrics and Neonatology, 60, 237-244.
- Jan Mohamed, H. J., et al. (2014). PloS one, 9(7), e100705.
- Tung, K.T.S., et al. (2021). Nutrients, 13, 1068.
- Braegger, C., et al. & ESPGHAN Committee on Nutrition, (2013). Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, 56(6), 692–701.
- Wagner, C.L., & Greer, F.R. (2008). Pediatrics, 122(5), 1142-1152.
- NIH, US (Updated 2020 Oct). Vitamin D- fact sheet for health professionals. Retrieved from: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminD-HealthProfessional/
- Forsyth, S., et al. (2016). Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism,69, 64-74.
- EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, Nutrition and Allergies. (2013). EFSA Journal, 11(10), 3408.
- Kuratko, C.N., et al. (2013). Nutrients, 5(7), 2777-2810
- Brémond Gignac, D., et al. (2011). Current Opinion Ophthalmology, 22(Suppl), S1-8.
- FSANZ. (2021). Australian Food Composition Database-Release 1.0, F0007432.
Retrieved from: https://www.foodstandards.gov.au/science/monitoringnutrients/afcd/Pages/fooddetails.aspx?PFKID=F007432
NESTLÉ® NANCARE® DHA & Vitamin D Drops is Food for special medical purpose. For the dietary management of breastfeeding babies or babies consuming infant milk formula with sub-optimal level of vitamin D.