NESTLÉ® MOM Vitamins & Minerals with DHA# adapted unique Trio-Pro technology and meets the nutrition need when it matters most in an easy to swallow one-a-day capsule. It is manufactured in Italy and provides adequate folic acid before and during pregnancy. It also supports increased nutritional needs during pregnancy and lactation.
One-a-Day easy to swallow capsule with multi vitamin and minerals and DHA – helping mothers to meet their nutrition need
|√ Folic acid||
|√ Multi vitamins and minerals blend||
- 1 capsule contains key nutrients such as folic acid, DHA#, iron, iodine and multi vitamins blend (A, Bs, C, D) to support the increased nutritional needs of mothers and babies and help them build a strong foundation for immunity.
(This infographic is only available in Chinese.)
Support the heathy development of babies’ brains
Sufficient amount of DHA#
- Docosahexaenoic acid(DHA), is the main constituent of brain cortex and retina. It supports the development of the brain and visual development of babies and lowers the risk of preterm birth.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) suggests pregnant mothers and breast-feeding mothers taking 200 mg of DHA per day#.
- 1 capsule of NESTLÉ® MOM Vitamins & Minerals with DHA contains sufficient amount of DHA#, satisfying 100% of recommended daily nutrition intake.
- Clinical studies have found that taking fish oil during pregnancy can help reduce the risk of allergies of babies in the future, such as wheeze or asthma 9,10, etc.
- The DHA in NESTLÉ® MOM supplement is produced under the US FDA HACCP certification and EU requirement. It is derived from fish sources compliant with IUU regulations on illegal fishing and its purity (microbiology, contaminants, peroxides) is regularly checked on every batch of fish oil to ensure its quality and safety for consumption. It also complies with Hong Kong laws and regulations. Mothers can consume it with peace of mind.
The unique Trio-Pro Technology ― Helps to absorb key nutrients efficiently and support a healthy immune systemNESTLÉ® MOM Vitamins & Minerals with DHA# adopted the unique Trio-Pro Technology to prevent the capsule being destroyed by gastric acid in the stomach and enable more efficient absorption in small intestine.
- Keeps the iron in the stomach intact which will dissolve in the small intestine and facilitate efficient absorption.
- Reduces chance of stomach discomfort, constipation6, and fishy burp caused by maternal nutritional supplement.
- Supports efficient absorption of nutrients that support the health of mothers and babies.
Frequently asked questionsQ: How should I consume NESTLÉ® MOM Vitamins & Minerals with DHA?
A: 1 capsule per day. Recommend to take it with water in the morning. Mothers should follow healthcare professionals’ instructions in taking the supplement and should not consume with other supplements unless it is suggested by healthcare professionals. (This supplement cannot replace a balanced diet)
Q: How to store NESTLÉ® MOM Vitamins & Minerals with DHA properly?
A: Please store NESTLÉ® MOM Vitamins & Minerals with DHA in a cool and dry place with the storage temperature at or below 25°C.
For information about the trial program of NESTLÉ® MOM Vitamins & Minerals with DHA (20 capsules), please visit https://nestlebaby.hk/samplePackEshop!
For more information about pregnancy or childcare, please contact Nestlé Nutrition on 2179 8333 (Hong Kong) and talk to our nutritionist!
- Institute of Medicine. Food and Nutrition Board. Dietary Reference Intakes: Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Vitamin B12, Pantothenic Acid, Biotin, and Choline. Washington, DC: National Academy Press. (1998). Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK114310/
- World Health Organization. Daily iron and folic acid supplementation during pregnancy (2018). Retrieved from https://www.who.int/elena/titles/dail_iron_pregnancy/en/
- World Health Organization. (2001). Iron Deficiency Anaemia: Assessment, Prevention, and Control.
- NIH (US) (Updated 2020 Feb). Iron- Factsheet for health professional. Retrieved from: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Iron-HealthProfessional/
- Ericson, C., et al. (2004). U.S. Patent No. 6717814B2. Washington, DC: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Coplin, M., et al. (1991). Clinical therapeutics, 13(5), 606-612.
- Layrisse, M., et al. (2000). The Journal of Nutrition, 130(9), 2195-2199.
- Shankar, A.H., et al. (1998). Am J Clin Nutr, 68, 447S-63S.
- Dunstan J, Mori T, Barden A, et al. (2003) Fish oil supplementation in pregnancy modifies neonatal allergen-specific immune responses and clinical outcomes in infants at high risk of atopy: a randomized, controlled trial. J Allergy Clin Immunol, 112:1178-84
- Olsen S, Osterdal M, Salvig J, et al. (2008) Fish oil intake compared with olive oil intake in late pregnancy and asthma in the offspring: 16 y of registry-based follow-up from a randomized controlled trial. Amer J of Clin Nutri, 88: 167-75
+ The above graphic represents the equivalent portion of food needed to absorb the specific nutrients of concerned (as per stated on each block of the graphic) provided by each NESTLÉ® MOM Capsules. Some additional vitamins and minerals in NESTLÉ® MOM Capsules are not listed in the graphic above. Other nutrients composition of the food being compared to NESTLÉ® MOM Capsules are not included in this comparison. 1 cup = 250 mL. The above graphic are for illustration only. The bioavailability of nutrients contained in the food listed in the graphic is not directly compared with NESTLÉ® MOM Capsules. USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 28.
# Each capsule contains 200 mg of DHA, which is in line with the daily intake for pregnant and breast-feeding mothers recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nation.